How to Recover and Restore Your Manhattan Home
Excess water can hurt a home in ways we never thought possible. Staten Island homes are often the victims of flooding and storm damage, which can do much more than cause appliances to rust. Warped floors and walls are only the tip of the iceberg. Without proper water cleanup and removal, homes risk developing smells and growing mold.
If you have been the victim of recent storm damage, there are some ways to minimalize the impact on your home. After you have assessed if the area is safe, try some of these tips:
- Soak up whatever water you can, but don't leave wet towels on the floor. This can cause warping.
- Remove any rugs on the floor, even if they are soaking wet, and hang them up outside. This can minimize the amount of liquid and weight on the floor.
- Remove any hanging art or electronics. Water can start to evaporate, leaving the room feeling murky. You don't want this excess moisture ruining something valuable.
- Place wood blocks underneath furniture to minimize contact with the wet floor if you can't move them out of the room.
- Take advantage of air conditioners and fans; they can help dry floors faster.
- Don't hesitate to contact a restoration specialist. Issues with moisture only get worse over time and the right specialist can help remove the water as quickly as possible.
Never be afraid to contact a specialist. Whether your Manhattan home has a flooded basement or large moisture spots on the ceiling, we can help identify the cause of the damage and help you make changes. Our goal is to help you quickly and easily restore your home. Contact us today to learn more.