Commercial Drying Equipment - Industrial Fans
WHAT IS AN AIR MOVER?
A major piece of drying equipment which is used by restoration professionals during water damage restoration and drying projects. Despite it's prevalence, many people don’t know how this unit works, or how to select the best one for their project. Air movers have a few alternative names, such as blower fans, commercial air blowers or air mover fans. They’re used to increase air circulation, which speeds up water evaporation and reduces drying time, compressed air is used to maximize airflow.
ADVANTAGES OF AIR MOVERS
Their low power draw means that they’re safe to use in a wide variety of settings, and it makes ideal for water damage restoration projects. Compared to other types of fans, these units also have high velocity, which makes them ideal for cooling and ventilation purposes.
AIR MOVERS USAGE
With these advantages, it’s no surprise that air movers are used in so many industries.
Some of their many applications include:
- Reducing water damage to carpets and floors
- Drying carpets for carpet technicians
- Flood and disaster restoration projects
- Drying concrete and paint
- Improving ventilation in large areas
- Removing fumes or gases from a work space
There are some truly creative uses for air movers, but most of them fall into a few basic categories:
- Drying: Drying is one of the most common usages.
By rapidly increasing air circulation, commercial air movers promote evaporation. Rapid air circulation is critical for shortening drying times. An air mover can reduce carpet drying time to a more than 20 minutes. Industrial models also make it feasible to dry large areas quickly.
- Curing Concrete and Paint: Industrial air movers are also widely used in the construction industry.
They speed up the concrete setting and cut down on how long it takes paint to cure. Air movers are an odorless, fast alternative to chemical admixtures and they are particularly useful in humid areas where concrete and paint tend to sweat as it dries.
- Removing Fumes: Because of their high-powered blowers, air movers are used to remove fumes or gases from an area.
- Blowing: These units can also be used to ventilate large work spaces or cool engines and other equipment.