Biohazard and Sewage Emergency Tips
What you can do until help arrives
When you're in Midtown Manhattan, you have to be careful about biohazards that might arise after there has been a fire or some other kind of disaster. SERVPRO has a few tips to help you when you're waiting for professionals to arrive.
Be sure to stay out of the affected areas until a biohazard team arrives. At SERVPRO of Midtown Manhattan, we have the training and protective gear needed to go in and take care of a problem. Whether we're dealing with bodily fluids, raw sewage, or anything else, we'll take care of the problem. We've worked with many homes and businesses throughout Midtown, so you can count on us to get everything cleaned and sanitized in order to restore your property.
Need Biohazard Cleanup? Call Us Today – (212) 768-9400
After any biohazard or sewage contamination in your home or business, your primary focus should be safety:
- Is it safe to stay in the house?
- Exposure to biological and chemical contaminants can pose serious health consequences.
- Flood water can contain sewage, pesticides, and other contaminants.
- Only do activities that are safe for you to perform.
What to Do After a Contamination
- Stay out of affected areas.
- Call emergency service personnel if the situation is life-threatening.
- Treat all bodily fluids as if they are contaminated.
- Turn off the HVAC system if there is sewage damage.
What Not to Do After a Contamination
- Don’t leave wet fabrics in place. Hang furs and leather goods.
- Don’t leave books, magazines, or other colored items on wet carpet or floors.
- Don’t use your household vacuum to remove water.
- Don’t use television or other household appliances.
- Don’t turn on ceiling fixtures if ceiling is wet, and keep out of rooms where ceilings are sagging.
24 Hour Emergency Service
Biohazards like flood water or sewer backups should be considered an emergency and dealt with as quickly as possible. SERVPRO of Midtown Manhattan has water damage restoration specialists and has specific training and expertise to safely remediate biohazard contaminants.
We are proud to serve our local communities:
- Flat Iron
- Murray Hill