Mold Damage Emergency Tips
What you can do until help arrives
If you notice a part of your home or office that has molds, you should contact professionals who can do mold remediation for you. When left alone, mold can multiply in as fast as 48 hours and once they start to grow, it means destruction to your properties.
What should you do at the first sign of mold infestation? First, you should contact SERVPRO so we can send our team to clear out those mold in your home or office. Secondly, stay out of the affected area. If you are using HVAC system or fans, turn them off.
Even if you have basic knowledge on mold remediation, do not make an attempt to do it yourself. Do not touch or clear the infected area. Do not attempt to dry the area or bleach it out. Leave that work to the pros.
Mold infestation is a health risk hence it is important to clear the area as soon as possible. However, affected or damaged properties due to mold infestation don’t need to be thrown out. Our mold restoration team can assist it for you and restore it if possible. They won’t just restore it, they will disinfect it and remove possible bad odor as well.
Have a Mold Problem?
Call Us Today – (212) 768-9400
If you have a mold problem in your home or business, consider the following facts:
- Significant mold growth can occur in 48-72 hours.
- Mold may present a greater risk to children, the elderly, and anyone with respiratory problems.
- A strong, musty odor may indicate hidden mold behind drywall or under carpeting.
What to Do:
- Stay out of affected areas.
- Turn off the HVAC system and fans.
- Contact SERVPRO of Midtown Manhattan for mold remediation services.
What Not to Do:
- Don’t touch or disturb the mold.
- Don’t blow air across any surfaces with visible or suspected mold growth.
- Don’t attempt to dry the area yourself.
- Don’t spray bleach or other disinfectants on the mold.
Mold Remediation Services
If you suspect that your home or business has a mold problem, SERVPRO of Midtown Manhattan has the training, equipment, and expertise to handle the situation.
We are proud to serve our local communities:
- Flat Iron
- Murray Hill