Step 3: Water Removal / Water Extraction
Water removal and extraction is of the utmost importance in Midtown Manhattan. You don't' want water to sit on or in anything longer than absolutely necessary. Otherwise, you run the risk of mold, mildew, and a long list of other problems.
It's not uncommon for pipes to break in Midtown, leaving you with excessive amounts of water. Once the water has been removed from the area, you can then focus on extracting the water from various materials. It can help to salvage what you have.
Our professionals at SERVPRO of Midtown Manhattan will assist you with water removal/extraction in a timely, efficient manner. Whether the water damage has affected a residential or commercial property, we're here to make a difference.
Move-Out / Pack-Out
If your home requires extensive restoration or cleaning, SERVPRO of Midtown Manhattan can conduct an organized, efficient move-out to protect your belongings from further damage.
- Move-Out Service
Emergency Water Removal
Our highly trained technicians will begin the water removal process almost immediately. Depending on the amount of water, we may use powerful submersible pumps in addition to industrial strength, wet/dry vacuums. Removing most of the water helps reduce drying time and helps prevent secondary water damage and mold and bacterial growth.
- Remove Excess Water
- Use Submersible Pumps and Industrial Wet/Dry Vacuums
Inspect the Carpet Pad and Carpet
We inspect the carpet and pad and determine if they should be removed to protect the subfloor.
- Inspect Carpet Pad and Remove If Needed
- Inspect Carpet and Remove If Needed
Water Removal Equipment
- Moisture detectors, hygrometers, and other meters measure the extent of moisture saturation.
- Infrared cameras may be used to find “hidden” water behind walls and ceilings.
- Submersible and gas-powered pumps are used for continuous pumping of high-level water.
- Truck-mounted and portable extraction units perform efficient water removal.