Recent Commercial Posts
How We Handle Commercial Losses
When it comes to commercial restoration, New York City property managers want to leave nothing to chance. That's why they rely on professionals like SERVPRO of Midtown Manhattan.
What sets us apart from other restoration companies is our skilled technicians and the advanced equipment we use to take care of any-scale disaster. This use of professional equipment allows us to restore your Manhattan commercial property or retail business back to its preloss condition quickly, reliably, and more effectively.
Here are some of the unique tools we have to restore your property:
- An infrared camera may be used to identify hidden water locations for the thorough removal of moisture that is hidden from the naked eye.
- Sensitive moisture meters/detectors, hygrometers, and other meters measure the extent of moisture saturation.
- Submersible and gas-powered pumps for continuous pumping of high-level water from events like floods.
- Truck-mounted and portable extraction units perform efficient water removal.
- High-speed air movers cause moisture to evaporate at a faster pace.
- Industrial grade dehumidifiers pull the water vapor from the air.
- Trailer mounted generators and desiccants (Large Commercial Air Dryer) provide power and large scale drying capabilities.
- Air Scrubbers that are able to filter the air of contaminants and fumes.
- The use of Thermal Foggers and environmentally-safe Deodorization Agents to leave a pleasant scent upon use.
You can count on SERVPRO of Midtown Manhattan to take care of any size loss you may have, so you can put your commercial business back in order and get you back to doing what you do best--serving your customers!
Give us a call at 212-768-9400.
Proactive Cleaning and Disinfecting for your Business
Need General Cleaning and Disinfecting for Your Business?
We have all become aware that no matter where we live, every community must practice social distancing, frequent hand washing, and proactive cleaning in our workplaces.
At SERVPRO of Midtown Manhattan our "everyday" is handling complex cleaning situations, including those where viruses and other pathogens are present.
We only work with hospital-grade, EPA-approved cleaning solutions. Our Certified Master Cleaning Technicians perform jobs every day where they may be confronted with bacteria, viruses, mold, and other pathogens. We know how to do this while keeping you and us safe.
You may wonder how our application techniques or products are different from what is available to the public.
- Commercial cleaning techniques are based upon years of scientific research to determine best practices. Concentrations of ingredients, the application process, temperature, and dwell times are studied for each situation. SERVPRO certified technicians know the formulas.
- Industrial-grade equipment provides a reliable distribution of cleaning agents
- Specific education establishes service standards and guidelines from the CDC, EPA, and OSHA/safety.
Take care of your business. Call SERVPRO of Midtown Manhattan at (212) 768-9400.
Why Is There Water Damage in My Manhattan Office Building?
Nobody has time for property damage, especially when you already have enough to deal with in the office.
Our SERVPRO technicians can thoroughly inspect the damaged area to find the source of water damage and restore your property to its original state.
There are a multitude of reasons why water damage occurs, oftentimes it can come "out of nowhere", surprising property owners. Addressing these concerns begins by identifying the source of the damage, which can sometimes hide behind layers of a wall system or ceiling materials. In some situations, you might not be sure that a water loss incident exists until you can recognize some of the symptoms these incidents can leave behind.
When you suspect water damage to your office building, you want to resolve this threat soon. Prolonged exposure to moisture or damp, structural elements allows for more compromising effects like deterioration or mold growth. Our SERVPRO technicians have a fast and thorough response that can help you to not only identify water losses and moisture, but dry up this damage to make it “Like it never even happened.”
How Do You Identify Subtle Water Damage?
When you are not sure that a water loss incident exists, how can you know for sure? Several indicative symptoms can showcase water or moisture, even if the majority of this damaged area exists behind surface materials in wall cavities or structural openings. You can start by looking for:
- Yellowing – Drywall is one of the most common structural materials used in office spaces. While you do not typically have to worry about the metal framework becoming damaged by water, drywall can quickly and readily absorb moisture and water from a persistent leak. The surface around this water-damaged area of the sheetrock can often show yellowing in an uneven blotch.
- Spotting - Prolonged exposure to moisture, or the unresolved saturation of materials, can facilitate mold growth in areas that you cannot see. The migration of mold colonies can show as spotting on the surface of the drywall, which can be multiple colors: black, green, blue, or even orange.
- Material Deterioration – Sagging or damaged materials are often an excellent indication of water damage. As materials get saturated, they can become too heavy for screws or nails used to install them to support them. Sagging ceilings or bloated wall surfaces can indicate a substantial water loss concern.
Is Professional Restoration Needed for Damp Drywall?
With drywall being such a standard element to your entire office space, restoring it after a water loss is something that you want to address immediately. Because these materials can become irreparably damaged in often as little as 24 hours of exposure, controlled demolition and reconstruction is often the fastest and most reliable approach for overcoming damp drywall. Our SERVPRO professionals can help with restoring these damaged areas and elements in the office, as sheetrock can be a considerable challenge due to:
- Structural Deterioration – Exposure to migrating water or moisture in any area of your office can allow for the bloating and deterioration of drywall surfaces.
- Porous Surfaces – The sheetrock’s permeance and porosity make it one of the most susceptible structural elements to moving water or the presence of moisture in the environment.
- Facilitate Mold Growth – Because drywall is an organic material, it can be a host for developing mold colonies.
Is Damage Assessment Worth the Wait to Start Mitigation?
When you believe that there is a problem with your office building, you owe it to your staff and your customers to address it as soon as possible. Rushing to get this done, however, might not be the best decision. A pre-job damage assessment conducted by our project manager can ultimately make the restoration more efficient and direct with accurate information and the appropriate recovery tools. Scoping a restoration project before it starts is helpful because:
- Identify Existing Problems – Noting all the existing problems with our SERVPRO DryBook Software can keep our technicians, our customer, and their insurance company all on the same page regarding what must happen and the progress of our restoration process.
- Content Assessment – Your office has many valuable items from its commercial-grade equipment and electronics, to individual desks, chairs, and other furniture. Our professionals can assess the damage to each of these items individually.
- Recognize moisture Beyond the Surface – With sophisticated technologies and tools, such as thermal imagery and surface moisture meters, we can identify the presence of moisture pockets even beyond surface materials.
- Label Pre-Existing Conditions - By meeting with the property manager of your office, we can determine areas that might have already been damaged or compromised before water losses. Directing our technicians at this loss incident alone can save time and money.
No matter how subtle or blatant water losses might initially appear, they all must get addressed with effective drying and cleaning approaches as soon as possible. Our SERVPRO of Midtown Manhattan can help 24/7/365 by calling (212) 768-9400.
NYC Commercial Services
Enlist a vendor you can rely on. SERVPRO of Midtown Manhattan is here for you
Running a successful business in New York City is hard enough, let alone during a pandemic. You have enough to do to keep your business running, so be sure that you have the best vendors possible to take care of your commercial property. Your time is better spent that having to figure out what to do about the inevitable wear and tear that gradually builds in your office over time. When grime, odor, and moisture challenges go beyond the scope of your regular janitorial staff, call in SERVPRO of Midtown Manhattan professionals to help with your commercial cleaning projects.
Whether it’s disinfecting your offices, removing an odor problem or deep cleaning your HVAC/air ducts, you can rely on us to make your workspace look and feel its very best.
When you call 212-768-9400 you will be bringing in a quality contractor who carries these benefits:
- Award-winning training
- Over 50 years’ experience in the industry
- More than 100 exclusive cleaning products
Specialty Commercial Cleaning Services
SERVPRO of Midtown Manhattan professionals offer cleaning services ranging from cleaning restaurant hoods to removing biohazard contaminants. They have the specialized training and products to get your property back to business. Their cleaning services include the following:
- Certified: SERVPRO Cleaned: Our new defensive pathogen cleaning program, goes way beyond standard janitorial cleaning practices. This is proactive viral pathogen cleaning. With over 50 years of experience in biochemical spill remediation and decontamination, you can trust SERVPRO of Ravenswood Professionals to bring a higher standard of clean to the places we gather.
- Air Ducts and HVAC: If your HVAC has been operating for some time without attention, it could be circulating odors, dust, and other contaminants. We routinely inspect the heating, ventilation and air conditioning unit (HVAC). Keeping them clean can extend the life of the equipment. This can, in turn, save you money and give you cleaner air to breathe.
- Biohazard: Exposure to biological and chemical contaminants can pose serious health consequences. A failure to properly remove such substances can contribute to unhealthy and dangerous environments. We are trained to safely clean and remove biohazardous substances and dispose of them properly in accordance with OSHA and health regulations.
- Ceilings, Floors, and Walls: Ceiling and wall cleaning should be part of the cleaning maintenance of your business. You should also clean walls before painting so that the primer and paint can adhere properly. Whether you are preparing to paint or just looking for professional cleaning, we can help.
- Document Restoration: In the aftermath of a disaster, some of your most valued contents could be lost forever. As a leader in the restoration industry, we know that timely mitigation is the key to recovering damaged possessions. With years of experience and state-of-the-art technology, our restoration professionals will help you recover your paper goods before it’s too late.
- Odor Removal: As experts in deodorization, our professionals are trained to identify and eliminate offensive odors. These odors can come from a number of sources both inside and outside a structure.
- Sewage: Sewer backups should be considered an emergency since the water may contain viruses, bacteria, and other microbes that cause serious illnesses. Our team has specialized training and equipment to quickly and safely clean contaminants like sewage.
- Trauma and Crime Scene: After the police have finished processing a crime or accident scene, the cleaning and restoration process can begin. Many times, crime and accident scenes have biohazard contaminants that pose a serious health risk. We will respond immediately with protective equipment and experience to safely clean trauma and crime scenes.
- Vandalism: Vandalism and graffiti can be very upsetting. It can range from relatively minor pranks to malicious destruction of property. Often simple acts of vandalism, like breaking a window, can cause significant water and mold damage if not addressed in a timely manner.
No matter what your needs may be, we have a commercial a cleaning solution for you. Call us today for more information or to set up an appointment –212-768-9400
How SERVPRO Can Help Improve Your Business
Commercial Cleaning can take your business to the next level. Contact us today to schedule your workspace at 212-768-9400
A clean work area is characteristic of a successful business. It's an old adage that still rings true today, especially in a city as productive (and competitive!) as New York City. To others it might sound silly, but successful business owners know to look for opportunities to improve and limit waste. To have a properly cleaned office, it's worth looking into professional commercial cleaning services like SERVPRO of Midtown Manhattan.
Below are FIVE reasons why enlisting a commercial cleaning service like SERVPRO of Midtown Manhattan can help your business save money and cut margins.
Reduces The Need To Replace Office Supplies and Equipment As Often
When grime is left to build up, it puts more wear-and-tear on your office equipment. Keyboard keys get stuck, the small hole on an office chair becomes a large rip, and countertops and flooring show many dark stains. Replacing items cost more than repairing them. With regular cleaning, professionals can catch these potential problems before they cost you more.
Find And Fix Damage Before It Becomes A Serious Problem
Regular deep cleaning is like a regular check-up to your doctor's office. Regularly scheduled deep cleaning can help catch problems in your office that would otherwise go unnoticed. Problems such as water and mold growth from hidden water leaks are best fixed in the early stages. The longer commercial water damage is allowed to continue, the higher the cost of repairs.
Water and mold damage restoration is also important for your employee’s health. Mold spores are a well-documented pollutant and may even be a violation of health codes. SERVPRO of Midtown Manhattan is the local specialist for commercial mold remediation, with technicians on staff 24/7 to take care of your business.
Did you know that a dirty environment affects daily production? Offices that are left uncleaned can become cluttered and grimy, making it difficult to concentrate on the tasks at hand.
By hiring a commercial cleaning company to take care of this for you and let your employees get back to work.
Improves Customer Satisfaction
A clean work area contributes to a happy and stress-free environment. Not surprisingly, when your team members are happy and satisfied with their job, they deliver better customer service. And when your customer service is top-notch, so are repeat business and referrals!
When customers walk into your business, what impression are you giving them --an impression of an honest and successful business or a failing business in disrepair?
Dusty light fixtures, scuff marks on the tile flooring, and water-stained walls needing water damage restoration are subtle ways to lose your customer's trust. Put your best foot forward and keep your customer loyalty by hiring a local New York City cleanup & restoration company that also does commercial cleaning.
By the way, these business improvements can be seen in various types of commercial and public buildings. Whether you’re a school, church, restaurant, gym, or warehouse, you’ll find that a clean and hygienic environment will benefit you and your team. Call us SERVPRO of Midtown Manhattan today and let us help you improve your business.
Employee Test Positive for COVID-19? Here's What You Need To Do!
Protect Employees from COVID-19
Employees who exhibit symptoms at work or become sick during the day should immediately be separated from other employees, customers, and visitors and sent home. Employees who develop symptoms outside of work should notify their supervisor and stay home.
Sick employees should follow CDC-recommended steps to help prevent the spread of COVID-19. Employees should not return to work until they have met the criteria to discontinue home isolation and have consulted with a healthcare provider.
Employers should not need sick employees to provide a COVID-19 test result or healthcare provider's note to validate their illness, qualify for sick leave, or return to work. Healthcare provider offices and medical facilities may be extremely busy and not able to provide such documentation in a timely manner. After following all the recommended CDC guidelines;
- Contact a SERVPRO Consultant for a Certified: SERVPRO Cleaned COVID Cleaning! We have developed expertise from cleaning up some of the most challenging biohazards imaginable, including confirmed COVID-19 locations.
- Asses all areas used/accessed by the infected Employee/s
- Schedule a Covid Cleaning with your local SERVPRO provider (SERVPRO of Midtown Manhattan 212-768-9400)
Workers without close contact with the person who is sick can return to work immediately after disinfection.
If more than 7 days since the person who is sick visited or used the facility, additional cleaning and disinfection is not necessary.
Continue routing cleaning and disinfection. This includes everyday practices that businesses and communities normally use to maintain a healthy environment.
Certified: SERVPRO Cleaned – A Defensive Cleaning Program
Our defensive cleaning program gives your business a way forward by providing your employees and customers ongoing safety and assuredness.
Let us help you get back to business
As our communities re-open, we’re all moving back toward a new kind of normal. The expectations of visitors, customers, and employees who come into our establishments have evolved, and staying safe and well is a top concern. The global COVID-19 pandemic has changed what it means to be clean, and we’ve developed a program to help your business meet the new higher standard of clean that is now expected.
Certified: SERVPRO Cleaned is a defensive cleaning program we’re offering to businesses and commercial locations to address the current COVID-19 pandemic. This proactive viral pathogen cleaning program goes well beyond janitorial or carpet cleaning. By choosing Certified: SERVPRO Cleaned, you, your employees, your customers, and your community can rest assured that you’ve selected a higher cleaning standard – you are Certified: SERVPRO Cleaned.
Extensive training and specialized products
As the #1 choice in cleanup and restoration*, we stand on more than 50 years of experience and expertise to help your business become Certified: SERVPRO Cleaned. Beyond fire & water, SERVPRO professionals are trained and experienced in biohazard decontamination and chemical spills – always adhering to the cleaning and decontamination standards set by the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention and local authorities.
From formulating and creating our proprietary cleaning products, like SERVPROXIDE, at our headquarters in Gallatin, TN, to taking the utmost care while disinfecting, we will ensure you and your business are set up to inspire consumer confidence as the economy continues to reopen.
3 C’s – Consult, Clean, and Certify
When the stakes are this high, you want a partner who has developed an industry leading, proprietary training program, cleaning solutions, and remediation processes over decades. We’ve cleaned up some of the most challenging biohazards imaginable. Certified: SERVPRO Cleaned reflects our unique experiences and capabilities. The program is grounded with our unique 3 C’s: Consult, Clean, and Certify.
- Consult – Every business is different, which is why you’ll be assigned a Cleaning Protocol Consultant who understands your business and will create a cleaning program to meet your specific needs. This program will be developed based on your business type, size of space, amount of high frequency touch points, foot traffic and congestion points.
- Clean – Based on your specific business needs, your location will undergo a thorough, deep clean, using exclusive cleaning products, according to protocols set forth by the CDC. Our employees have years of experience, and we will go beyond the scope of work that regular janitorial staff perform. Cleanup procedures generally include cleaning of porous and non-porous surfaces, disinfecting of non-porous surfaces, cleaning and disinfecting of equipment, tools, and/or supplies used for cleanup process, and disposal of hazardous materials. In the event of a suspected or confirmed COVID-19 event, we will be there cleaning within 24 hours to ensure you get back to business as quickly as possible.
- Certify - Once your business location has been Certified: SERVPRO Cleaned, you will gain access to proprietary signage, digital emblems, and other collateral that communicates that you’ve selected a higher standard of clean available to help protect your employees and customers. And because we add the day, month, and year to that proprietary stamp of clean, your guests will know that not only did you choose Certified: SERVPRO Cleaned, but that your location is being cleaned regularly at this standard.
Call today for a Certified: SERVPRO Cleaned consultation
We’re Here to Help – 24 hours a day, seven days a week – until life is back to normal in the communities we all call home.
Call SERVPRO of Midtown Manhattan today at 212-768-9400 for your Certified: SERVPRO Cleaned consultation.
* #1 Choice in cleanup & restoration based Commercial Attitude & Usage Tracking study. Polling 816 commercial business decision makers on first choice for future needs related to cleanup & restoration work. Study conducted by C&R Research: October 2019
Certified: SERVPRO Cleaned means professionally trained SERVPRO franchises perform the requested cleaning, sanitizing and disinfection services according to proprietary SERVPRO protocols and recognized industry and CDC standards with EPA approved cleaning products to deliver a SERVPRO certified cleaning experience. Each SERVPRO franchise is independently owned and operated.
The Service You Need at a Cost You Can Afford
Let us limit your stress by working with your budget
The economic effect of COVID-19 has affected everyone. Due to the freeze on activity businesses have been forced to limit services and reduce their task force. Business and residents have gone without work due to business closings. An exorbitant amount of requests for unemployment relief have been filed causing a backup in the government’s ability to process claims in a timely manner. In turn, creating a loss of income and debt accumulation not only for residents but for homeowners alike.
These are hard times. Here at SERVPRO of Southern Staten Island, we understand that although disinfecting our homes, businesses, schools and medical facilities is of utmost importance, many may not have the financial means to support the cost of disinfection services.
We at SERVPRO of Southern Staten Island are working with customers to ensure we are able to provide you with the service you need at a cost you can afford. For details, feel free to contact us at 718-979-4100. We’re Here to Help – 24 hours a day, seven days a week – until life is back to normal in the communities we all call home.
Best Practices: Grocery Shopping
Don't forget to thoroughly wash your produce.
Going to the grocery store today can feel daunting. Having to fully suit up to step out of your apartment is unlike anything we’ve ever experienced. For many of us we are unable to place grocery orders online due to the lack of slot times. So what do you do when you have to go into the grocery store?
First, make sure to bring a mask. If you are lucky enough to have a sewing machine, you can sew your own mask for you, friends and family. We have also been seeing creative masks from bandanas and scarves to Halloween masks and containers. Remember the mask is to protect others. We have to live everyday as if we already have COVID-19 to help protect others.
Gloves. While gloves are hard to come across, we need to remember to dispose of them properly. Gloves are not meant to be thrown on the pavement after being used. When taking off your gloves remember to do so following the correct directions. Remember to always immediately wash your hands after removing your gloves. While wearing gloves be mindful about not touching your face or phone. This is one of the ways to cross contaminate while wearing gloves.
While inside the grocery store be mindful of what you are touching. Being very specific about what you are buying cuts down on the amount of touching multiple items throughout the store you do not end up purchasing. We have to be mindful of the others who are also shopping within the store with us. Maintain a social distance from other customers at all times possible. Now is not the time to hoard food and toiletries; we need to remember that we are all in this together.
When you come home from the store, leave your shoes outside of your apartment. Your shoes can carry in tons of germs! This is probably a smart rule to practice in regards to living in NYC. Immediately wash your hands, un-bag your groceries, disinfect containers, and wash your produce. Using a vegetable brush is ideal, but if that is unavailable soaking your produce in three parts water and one part vinegar is extremely effective. Wipe down your phone, cards, keys, door handles, and countertops since these are areas that are high touch. Then change into your home clothes. Maybe they are not so different from the clothes you were just in, but they are clean from outside contaminations. Lastly, wash your hands again.
Enjoy a night in because you just made it all the way to and from the grocery store. This is a task on its own without a pandemic especially in New York City. Time to congratulate yourself for accomplishing another task while keeping those around you safe! We are here for you New York and will continue to serve you until our city is clean.
Let's make the effort to take care of our community and our planet.
In lieu of all the panic surrounding COVID-19 and its impact on health and the global economy, we would like to take a moment to look at the silver lining. By now we’re all aware of the outbreak and slow down of human activity around the globe. However, an interesting side effect to our reduction in activity has allowed the Earth to begin healing itself.
The murky canals of Venice are beginning to clear. Dolphins are even beginning to appear. Nitrogen dioxide has dropped significantly over China due to the reduced industrial activity. The inhalation of pollutants like Nitrogen dioxide can increase risk of asthma and inflammation of the lungs. Particulate matter, such as smoke, soot, dust and pollen have lowered. Due to the reduction of activity, the holes in the ozone layer are beginning to repair themselves.
These changes, however, are only temporary, so what can we do to reduce our carbon footprint? I know I will be making some changes to my lifestyle, and I encourage you all to join me.
Stop Smoking - We all know it’s a horrible habit. I will be making a serious effort to stop. Toxic air pollutants are released into the atmosphere through cigarette smoke. Toxic chemicals in cigarette butts litter the environment and seep into our soil and water.
Don’t Litter - Aside from litter being an eyesore, it’s dirty. They harbor germs which can in turn create bacterias and viruses which can be spread through animals. We don’t litter in our homes, why do so outdoors? The Earth is also our home. Treat the animals as you would a baby. We wouldn’t leave small items or plastic bags lying around for fear they’d choke or suffocate. The same goes for animals who mistake items they find outdoors for food.
Ride a Bike - We live in NYC. We have bike lanes. I purposely moved to Harlem to be closer to work in Midtown. I’ll be purchasing a bike and riding it daily once we’re back in office. Nearly one-fifth of US emissions come from cars and trucks, every gallon of gas emits around 24 pounds of carbon dioxide and other global warming gases.
Carpool - An alternative to riding a bike is carpooling. We already know the effects of cars on the environment. By limiting the number of cars we can reduce the amount of pollutants emitted into the atmosphere.
Eating low on the food chain - Eating more fruits, vegetables, grains and beans are not only good for your overall health, but livestock and dairy are responsible for a little over 14 percent of global greenhouse gas emissions. If we ate less meat and dairy, less would need to be produced, resulting in a reduction in pollutants.
Buy local and organic food in season. Transporting and cooling food from spoiling requires fossil fuels.
Buy vintage or recycled clothing at consignment stores and thrift shops - We’re New Yorkers and “Fashion is Life”, who doesn’t love to find those one of a kind pieces. If you have the time, take up a sewing class or YouTube one. Not only can you express your individuality and sense of style, but you’d also limit your purchasing of fast fashion. It may be trendy and cheap, but styles quickly change and get dumped in landfills where they decompose producing methane. We’re not even accounting for the transportation and production of these goods from places like China and Bangladesh.
Wash Clothes in Cold Water - Growing up, I was always told, “cold water cleans, hot water disinfects”. Unless, you were sick or threw up on yourself, there is little use for hot water when washing clothes. You can save up to 500 pounds of carbon dioxide by washing two loads of laundry in cold water each year.
Switch to LED lightbulbs - They may cost more but they require less energy and last longer, eventually saving you money.
Opt for a fan - Fans are a cost effective and energy efficient alternative to air conditioners.
These are just some of the many changes we can make to create a cleaner environment. We should take this time as an opportunity to reflect on the effect we as humans have on the Earth and what we can do to protect it for the sake of our health, our lives and the lives of the ones we love and those of future generations to come.
In High-Waters We Will Be There
Our crew is prepared for any job no matter how big or small
At SERVPRO of Midtown Manhattan, we are ready for whatever you need. During stressful times we want to ease your mind with our expertise in fire, water, mold and clean-up restoration. We have mastered our industry with 53 years of experience throughout the company.
Questions like “What should I do if my office building experienced flooding?” “How do I dry my carpet after a flood?” and “How do I check for mold or structural damage?” can be answered by our team. We offer a piece of mind through quick service and responses. We are here to serve you 24/7, 365 days a year. Our customers are our top priority.
Floods happen to 14,000 people in the United States of America annually. If the unfortunate happens, here is what we suggest.
When a flood begins:
- Turn off power and electricity: If you cannot get to the breaker box call your electric utility to shut off the meter.
- Make sure the water supply is turned off: This will help ensure that less damage is done if it is coming from an internal system.
- Secure your belongings: If you are present when the flood starts, move valuables away from the water source.
- If your flood is occurring because of weather or uncontrollable circumstances: Call an emergency maintenance number. We suggest keeping one on file for any event.
- Document, Document, Document! Photograph damages for claims.
- Call SERVPRO: We will get the water out as soon as possible!
- Check Building Integrity: We will work alongside you and a contractor to ensure your building is safe.
- We will search for mold and other damages to ensure your safety.
After the Flood:
- We will ensure clean-up is satisfactory
- Maintain checks on plumbing and roofing to minimize potential damage
- Live your life: We want to ensure a seamless transition back into your day to day routine.
Floods can happen to anyone we want to create a seamless process for you to get back to your normal way of life. Call us today if you experience any flood, fire, or clean-up remediation needs.
Time for Spring Cleaning
Let us come up with a remediation plan that best suits your needs
The New York City Metropolitan area consists of an average population of 19.5 million residents and millions more tourists throughout the year from across the world. With the flu season reaching its peak and the change of seasons, increase in bacteria and viruses will naturally find its way to spread throughout homes, businesses, schools, hospitals, social environments and public transportation. It is recommended to wash your hands daily and be aware of your surroundings, however, you can only do so much. Good health is reliant on a hazard free environment.
Along with harmful bacteria, a general cleaning to prevent the build up of dust or mold is important to maintain a safe environment. Generally, it goes without saying that your employees will appreciate the courtesy of looking out for their health and comfort.
What are some reasons why commercial cleaning services are necessary?
Cleanliness is beneficial to everyone's overall health. Mold, mildew, dust and dirt are capable of affecting those prone to allergies and illness. The lasting effect of inhaling such elements can be detrimental to one's health over time. Our team of professionals can ensure there are no harmful elements in your workplace leaving all in awe at how great one feels.
A clean work space will motivate employees to work more efficiently. Research has suggested, a messy space is a messy mind. It can be difficult to focus on tasks and navigate your space in disorganization.
Dirty carpets, grimy baseboards, bathrooms and lingering odors do not leave the best impression for anyone who walks into your business. Setting a standard for cleanliness will brighten everyone's mood and make people want to return.
Lastly, here at SERVPRO of Midtown Manhattan, we have the tools and a professional team specialized in an array of restorative and cleaning services. From water, fire and mold mitigation to bioremediation and general cleaning, stocked with commercial grade equipment and cleaning agents; we are well equipped to tackle the toughest of messes with the attention to detail and delicacy you deserve to get you ready and running as soon as we're through.
We've Got What You Need.. Real-World Experience & The Resources to Return your Property to it's Normal State
Commercial Properties are always at risk of being damaged by natural elements. If your business gets hit by a disaster, you'll need to call us!
SERVPRO of Midtown Manhattan is the leading first responder whom you should notify immediately following significant damage to a business, which includes but is not limited to floods, fires, mold, sewage backups and crime scene.
The job of a restoration company in a few words is to clean up the mess, preserve and protect the business and its contents so that further damage will not occur.
If you didn't know, now you know. Call us today, 24/7/365 at 212-768-9400!!
There is no job too big or too small
Many times, the work that we perform in a Large Loss Water Damage scenario is very much time sensitive. In an emergency setting, its crucial that the initial hours of the loss be utilized effectively and efficiently. Water is dangerous if neglected, and its important to call professionals such as SERVPRO Of Midtown Manhattan who are accustomed to responding to such jobs.Our location has a full staff of project management combined with hard working and qualified technicians who is very hands on in making certain that our emergency trucks are ready to go at a moments notice, and that our technicians who are performing the labor are NEVER without tools or materials. Our aggressive work ethic has helped us forge quality relationships with many staples in the Midtown Manhattan community, and we would love to continue that pattern by arriving on time, fully prepared, and ready to trouble shoot or re-mediate any restorative needs that may incur.
3 Basic Construction Safety Tips to Avoid Problems
Busy construction worksites are often very dangerous places to be. Many things can go wrong throughout the process of a project, so it is in one's best interest to take the proper preventative safety measures. These three basic tips will help minimize any risk.
1. Find the correct Personal Protective Equipment to Wear on the Job.
Wearing the proper gear for a job proves to be very helpful in preventing injury. When lifting heavy objects, be sure to wear a secure back brace to limit damage to your body and the surrounding areas. Wearing proper construction footwear such as non-slip rubber soled shoes will prove to be very helpful in avoiding slipping and falling.
It is also extremely important to protect your lungs and wear breathing masks to avoid inhaling dangerous toxins around you.
Limit Crowding Within the Work Area
It is not uncommon for those working on a construction site to crowd around large and powerful machinery. Although it may often be unintentional, staying away from this powerful machinery is your best bet in limiting damage to other workers and even pedestrians. This rule should be strictly enforced on a construction site, and it is the responsibility of the foreman to ensure his surroundings are clear before engaging in his work.
Loading and Unloading Equipment Safety
Make sure there is ample room around you when loading and unloading heavy equipment off of machinery. Proper clearance of all obstacles and people around you is key in avoiding damaging any people or structures that are around you. Make sure that all objects are secured using the correct tie-down procedures.
By following these tips, you can make your construction site as safe and efficient as possible for you and your team. Although these tips may seem basic is should always be your first priority to practice the correct safety measures in the workplace.
Post Construction Cleanup
Once the floors are down and the drywall is up, it's time to remove the debris and dirt in order to lay carpet, paint and decorate.
SERVPRO of Midtown Manhattan professionals can provide the debris removal services to prepare the building for its final installation details.
Structural integrity, safety, and deadlines are all part of the construction day to day. When your work is done, we can do the rest.
SERVPRO of Midtown Manhattan can help you meet your deadlines by providing thorough post-construction services in an efficient manner. Our services include:
- Post Construction Cleaning
- Dehumidifiation and Drying
- Ceiling, walls and fixture cleaning
- Deodoraization and Sanitation
- Final Detailed Cleaning
- HEPA vacuuming
- Fast Track Drying
- Window Cleaning
- Debris Removal
- Emergency Response Restoration and Clean Up Services
Water Damage During Construction
Water damage during a construction project can be crippling. The damage can interrupt the progress of your project and really derail projected completion dates. SERVPRO of Midtown Manhattan understands that mitigating the damage is time-sensitive.
We have the equipment and team to ensure that the structural damage due to water can be mitigated as quickly as possible. Our knowledgeable team has the expertise to place the appropriate pieces of equipment to thoroughly dry your structure and put your crew back on track.
Work on the project can most likely continue, minimizing the disruption to the work in progress. We are fully licensed and certified to work with commercial properties in NYC. Be sure to call the leaders in restoration and cleaning, SERVPRO of Midtown Manhattan.
Commercial Fire Damage Restoration
Fire damage can be very devastating for a business or commercial property. In addition to fire, smoke, and soot damage, water damage caused in the efforts to suppress the flames takes a toll. Every moment spent out of the office costs your business productivity and accumulates lost revenue. If you have a fire emergency, call SERVPRO of Midtown Manhattan. We are fully equipped to handle any size loss.
- 24 Hour Emergency Service
- Faster to Any Size Disaster
- A Trusted Leader in the Fire and Water Restoration Industry
- Highly trained Water and Fire Damage Specialists
We will put you back into business with the expertise and professionalism that you can only get with SERVPRO of Midtown Manhattan. Our team is licensed and certified to ensure that your restoration needs are fully met.
How to Winterize Your Commercial Properties
Due to the harsh winters the NYC area experiences, it's important that you winterize your commercial property.
Prevent Freezing Pipes
Since water expands when it freezes, a frozen pipe can burst and result in flooding. Take steps to protect your property from freezing pipes. First, you should use fiberglass or foam sleeves to insulate your most vulnerable pipes, which are the ones in exterior walls, crawlspaces, and unheated basements.
Next, open the doors to your utility room and other unheated areas where pipes are located. This will allow warm air to circulate in those spaces.
Finally, properties that are vacant for all or part of the winter are more likely to experience water damage from freezing pipes. While the property is unoccupied, the heat should be set no lower than 55 degrees.
Clean Gutters and Downspouts
Before severe weather hits New York, have your gutters and downspouts cleaned. When debris blocks gutters and downspouts, mounds of ice along the roof edge known as ice dams are more likely to form. The weight of an ice dam can tear the gutter off the building.
Have a Snow Plan
Since New York City gets two to three feet of snow during winter, you need to have a snow plan in place for your property. If you don't have employees that can handle snow removal, you should hire a company to perform this service. Make sure your contract clearly states what areas of your property require snow removal. Your snow removal plan should provide safe access for employees, customers, and emergency personnel.
At SERVPRO of Midtown Manhattan, we hope all of our NYC neighbors enjoy a safe winter. However, if winter weather damages your home or business, SERVPRO of Midtown Manhattan can help. Call us at (212) 768-9400.
Are your Commercial Ducts in a Row?
A building’s heating, ventilation, and air conditioning system (HVAC) and subsequent ducts are the key component to air quality. HVAC and duct cleanliness have a direct impact on the functionality of the equipment as well, a clean system ought to function at maximum capacity. If your system is clean and properly functioning, it should provide you with positive indoor air quality and a lower monthly cost of running your HVAC system.
You can keep your commercial ducts in a row by changing the filters within the system regularly - it is recommended to change them every 90 days. Check any connections for damage. If you can see any damage to the connections, wires, or motors then the damage needs to be repaired immediately in order to keep your HVAC system safe and properly functioning.
You should annually inspect your HVAC system and ducts to see if there is visible mold, a surplus of dust and/or debris, and rodent infestation. Signs of a rodent infestation would be feces and odors in your system or noises occurring in the system. If your HVAC system and ducts have any of these signs then it is time to call in the professionals. SERVPRO of Midtown Manhattan has highly trained cleanup and restoration technicians that will provide you with a free estimate for your HVAC system and ductwork.
If you notice that your system isn’t working as well as it normally does such as an increase in electrical bill costs or the system is running more often than usual then it may be time for a cleaning as well. If your system is regularly providing you with maintenance issues such as improper temperature or humidity issues, these may be signs or symptoms of your HVAC system needing a checkup.
SERVPRO of Midtown Manhattan understands the significance of a properly functioning HVAC and duct system. We want to help you do all you can to maintain your system. When you are in need of professional cleanup and restoration of your commercial ducts call SERVPRO of Midtown Manhattan 212-768-9400 for a free estimate.